Monday, May 14, 2012

My mom

I've been thinking about my Mother's Day post for over a week. And everytime i went to write it I have been coming up blank. Not because I don't love my mother. In fact I love her dearly. She is my rock, and my best friend.

I get VERY emotional when I talk about my mom. And I think it's because I know that I will NEVER be able to thank her for all that she has done and still does for me. Or apologize for the heartache and anguish I may have caused. Or heaven forbid-she not know how much I love her.

Or maybe it's because I took her for granted until I became a mother myself. And she still loved me unconditionally.

Mom, this small tribute for you is ever so lacking. You've cared and protected. You've nurtured and soothed. You've nearly moved mountains when it was needed. You have worked for your family and you've stood unafraid with faith unwavering. You've loved with such strength. What a difference it's all made in my life and in the life of others.

I'm so proud to call you my mom and my kids are so lucky to have you as their grandma. I want you to know that I love you more and more each day. Thank you for all that you do. I thank Heavenly Father each day for you.

Happy Mother's Day Mom.

No comments: