Friday, January 14, 2011

Patient, Kind and Merciful....

Those are the words from an amazingly inspired man today. My father.

I have struggled the last couple of days with those very three things, especially when dealing with the ones I love the most. To blame it on the pregnancy and hormones would be all together too easy, and unfair.

I saw my dad for less then 15 minutes and yet he KNEW just what I needed to hear. I hadn't even said anything about having a hard week. And the words just flowed out of his mouth, so inspired, just what I was needing at that moment. Do you think he even knew what he REALLY had said to me?

The Lord works in mysterious ways my friend. Through our family and friends who are in tune and listening to the spirit. Thank you Dad for being that person for me today.

So that is what I'm working on...being in better tune with the spirit, being patient, being more kind, and being merciful.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

What a great post, and those words are sometimes so hard to do and be, especially pregnant. I am not sure if I ever told congrats on your twins, but I am so excited for you!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

OK so I am clearly behind on checking your blog. I do not think I knew you were having twins! That is so exciting!
Thanks, by the way, for the date ideas you promised to send. I assume you'll send them to my spectrum account? Excellent.