Wednesday, March 10, 2010

JUST a stay at home Mom...

This is what has ended up in front of my couch for the last several nights in a row.



I complained to Ben about his clothes sitting in the Living room again and he told me "well, you are home all day while I'm out providing for our family, so I think its ok if you pick up my stuff."

He was totally NOT kidding.

So I shot right back and said, "You REALLY want to go there, hun? I WORK a full time job from home, plus, I take care of our kids, Which technically is a full time job because people get paid damn good money to take care of other people's children, I cook and clean, I budget. I RUN our home. I never get to sleep in, I wake up before the kids, and I put them to bed, I wake with the baby in the night so you can sleep, and I still have to do all of my "duties" even when I'm sick. So honey, do you REALLY want to go there with me?"

Then came the silence....

And I REALLY wanted to say.....Yea, that's what I thought...But I didn't because I'm better then that.

I'm gonna be honest here....Being "JUST" a Stay at home mom is SUPER hard and has been a HUGE adjustment for me, and I really don't think I'm totally in synch with it yet. I have the best job in the world, getting to watch children grow and teach them according to my teachings. Even though its hard sometimes, and i want to lock myself in my bedroom I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So here is to all the stay at home Moms, you are the best!