Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pumpkin Carving....

This is the story of Jackson and my Pumpkin carving Escapades. I seriously don't think I have carved a pumpkin since I was 10. Now I know why we always Painted pumpkins....

First the picking of the pumpkin....I had again procrastinated in going to the pumpkin patch to take great pics of the kids while they chose a pumpkin. Ehhh....I'll pick one up at Smith's. Well day of Halloween rolled around and Boy did they have slim pickens. I FINALLY found one that was fairly round, it had some blemishes but it's alright it adds character RIGHT? So I do my grocery shopping and I'm loading every thing in and I get to the pumpkin and SQUISH! Soggy on bottom....Oh, well.....I guess that's what I get.

So we get home, cut open the top and I tell Jackson "ok, start getting the pumpkin guts out..." and this is the look I got........................I have to touch it? With my fingers? he asks.

So I got a big spoon for him and he was cool with it........

Then it was awesome.....and he was very proud of himself for getting the pumpkin guts out.

Then came carving....no pics of that because I got to do it. But a silly pic in between.



Two round pumpkin heads.............



When I was telling Jackson about the candle and how it would light him up we couldn't wait til it was dark!

Our mess......


And the finished product.....My hand hurt SO bad by the end. I sure was proud of it though. Jack looked great all lit up!

No comments: