Friday, March 20, 2009

What's in a name?

After we found out we were REALLY having a boy the weeping and wailing and nashing of teeth began as Ben and I duked it out about names. I think I posted before about this small problem....how he wanted Hunter and I wanted Ryan.....blah, blah, blah. So, FINALLY we sat down one night and I just started reading names out of a baby dictionary and we found one we love.



Dylan Patrick



Dylan: Because we liked it.... The orgin is Welsh and it means "a legendary sea hero"

Patrick: Because it is my Grandpa's name. (and we liked it) The orgin is Latin and it means "nobleman"



I love it, Ben loves it and Jackson loves it too.


When we told Jackson the baby's name was going to be Dylan Patrick. He says "Patrick? Like SpongeBob?" We giggled. He is excited because he thinks we are naming the baby after his favorite show. What a fun memory we'll get to share with the both of them when they get a little bigger.

No comments: