Friday, January 16, 2009

A Transformer must have Blown....


Monday night Ben was wondering what we were going to make for dinner, Stacey (my sister) and I were turning on the Wii for a VERY competitive game of Mario Kart and Jackson begging was begging to play. When all of a sudden......(dun, dun, duuuun) the power went out.

And then it came right back on, but it was only about half power, and it only lasted long enough to find flash lights and candles, and then went back out again.

Ben, who first blamed me for not paying the power bill, stepped outside and saw that everyone as far as he could see had no power. He says

"Huh, a transformer must have blown."

So Stacey and I go out back to check it out, and look at the AMAZING stars that you usually don't get to see in the city because of the lights. 

"Well, I guess we are going out to eat," I said

So everyone is slipping their shoes on and I'm trying to get Jackson's on and he tells me, 
"I want to stay here." 
"How come son, aren't you hungry?"
"I don't want to see the big huge robots, they make it dark, they MEAN."

Poor kid, he thought there were Huge robots outside that had made the power go out. I didn't even know he was listening. 

Even after TRYING to explain that there weren't any out there, we were finally able to get him to come with us, only because he got to take his NERF gun to protect us. That's my boy....he's going to make a good big brother. :)




1 comment:

Cristi said...

haha that is so freakin cute!!